This course offers an introduction to Oil Painting, the preferred versatile medium to all the master painters in history. The course will start with instruction on materials, colour theory and techniques, colour mixing and use of different brushes, and methods of paint application. There will be a discussion on what a successful subject and composition involves, as well as what is popular in contemporary art currently. Participants will have the opportunity to paint from a still life set up in the studio. Abstraction can be taught to participants who may be interested. The aim is to build confidence in the aspiring artist, starting at the beginner level to develop the confidence to attempt painting independently. The sessions will be interactive, and time will be given individually to each participant to address personal concerns.
By the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- Attempt an Oil painting by themselves confidently
- Be aware of their skill level and potential for higher-level instruction.
- Have a good idea of what comprises a successful Art Work (Composition, Subject, Colour Palette, Execution)
- Learn the use of all materials and mixing and layering as well as cleaning and storage or framing
- Understand the therapeutic role of art in creating a balanced emotional state
- Understand the importance of individuality and self-expression
Visiting Faculty, Department of Film & TV, National College of Arts
Msc Clinical Psychology, Beaconhouse National University
Bachelors, Graphic and Communication Design, National College of Arts
Course Fee: PKR 25,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0328 3044414??for more information.