This course will introduce participants to the four main skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking, with a particular focus on grammar and its comprehension. Participants will be familiarized with preliminary grammar and mechanics of writing, learn to develop different types of sentences and paragraphs with a focus on identifying and rectifying their own spelling and grammar mistakes. They will learn, practice and use language rules and simple communication skills through hands on activities. Assessment will be in the form of quizzes, in-session tasks, and oral presentations. This course is geared towards making the learning of the individuals as interactive as possible by actively engaging them in their learning process and by providing individual and group feedback.
Please note: This is a beginner level English language course.
By the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- Apply the four main skills in multiple contexts
- Communicate in written and oral English with peers
- Rely less on their first languages and increase their use of English in formal and informal situations
- Identify and apply correct English grammar in multiple contexts
- Manage to compose different types of writing components
We provide tailored versions of our courses to cater to the specific needs of organisations. The pricing for customised courses may differ from that of our open-enrollment courses. For more details on pricing and instructor information, kindly reach out to us via email email@example.com.
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.