The purpose of this course is to introduce the student to basic principles of finance. This is the basic knowledge for either a career in corporate finance or further education in the area of investments, real estate, banking, and insurance. It is also an excellent primer for non-finance majors wanting to familiarize with the world of finance. The primary goal of this course is to impart the knowledge to allow you to intelligently solve practical business problems. To achieve this goal, it is crucial that you have a sound understanding of finance theory.
- Explain the Goal of Financial Management and the conflicts of interest between managers and owners.
- Understand and Analyze the Financial Statements of a company.
- Compute future/ present value and rate of return on investment that involve single/ multiple cash flows.
- Know the important types of bonds and understand the determinants of bond yields.
- Recognize how stock prices depend on future dividends and be able to compute stock prices.
Please note: We provide tailored versions of our courses to cater to the specific needs of organisations. The pricing for customised courses may differ from that of our open-enrollment courses. For more details on pricing and instructor information, kindly reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the complete course outline.
Master's in Accounting and Finance, Durham Business School, UK
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email email@example.com or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.