Jaam-e Urdu: Explorations in Reading and Writing is a 10-week course geared towards students who already have some familiarity with Urdu (that is, those students who have studied in English-medium schools or heritage learners outside of Pakistan who wish to further develop their language skills). We will engage with a variety of texts and genres designed to increase students' reading and speaking skills in Urdu as well as giving students a broad perspective on Urdu language and literature. There will be opportunities for writing practice with the goal of improving spelling, grammar, and vocabulary. Students will have increased familiarity with idioms, proverbs and everyday phrases. Students will practice close reading and analysis of a range of texts from across the Urdu-speaking world; we will read fiction, nonfiction, and poetry in a variety of styles and from a variety of eras. This course will be conducted online. The primary medium of instruction will be Urdu.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Work to correct common grammatical and pronunciation mistakes in speaking
- Gain exposure to a broad survey of Urdu literary texts and genres
- Increase students fluency in reading and writing Urdu
- Learn close reading and analysis of literary texts
- Practice translation in Urdu
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email email@example.com or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.