Beginning Urdu II is a 10-week course designed for non-native learners who have some previous knowledge of Urdu language and wish to continue learning Urdu as a foreign language. The goal of this course is to build on the fundamentals of Urdu language and grammar (covered in Beginning Urdu I). The course is pitched at the level of students who have novice-mid or novice-high proficiency in Urdu language. The course aims to help students move to intermediate low level in all four skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) using a curriculum designed by instructors experienced in teaching Urdu as a foreign language. This course will be conducted online. The primary medium of instruction will be English.
By the end of this course students:
- Can interact at a survival level in some familiar everyday contexts
- Can understand the main message and supporting details on familiar and general interest topics
- Can identify the topic and some isolated facts from simple sentences in informational texts
- Can provide information by answering a few simple questions on very familiar topics, using practiced or memorized words and phrases, with the help of gestures or visuals
- Can express likes and dislikes on very familiar and everyday topics of interest, using a mixture of practiced or memorized words, phrases and simple sentences
- Can present on very familiar and everyday topics using a mixture of practiced or memorized words, phrases and simple sentences
Course Fee: PKR 32,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.