Turkish is one of the richest and oldest languages of the world; it is part of the Turkic language group and the larger Altaic family. It is spoken by millions of people in Eurasia, Southern Europe, Central Asia, Western Asia, and North Asia.
The distinctive characteristics of the Turkish language are vowel harmony and extensive agglutination. The basic word order of Turkish is subject-object-verb. Turkish has no noun classes or grammatical gender. The language makes usage of honorifics and has a strong distinction which distinguishes varying levels of politeness, social distance, age, courtesy or familiarity toward the addressee.
Due to the strong ties between Turkey and Pakistan, having a grasp in Turkish Language opens up career opportunities as well as for higher education at Turkey's best-know universities.
- By the end of the course you will:
- be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc.
- be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics
- have developed an insight into Turkish-speaking life, culture and society
- be able to understand general and detailed information and to communicate in standard speech on a range of everyday issues
- be able to read printed and handwritten script on a limited number of everyday topics
- be able to write simple texts using descriptive language accurately
Bachelor in English Language and Literature, Istanbul/Turkey
Course Fee: PKR 12,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.