Please note: You must have a strong grasp over the basics of the English Language, e.g., grammar, vocabulary, and syntax. This is NOT a beginner-level course for learning the English Language; therefore, you must be proficient at the time of enrolment in order to increase your professional impact and connect with different audiences.
Effective communication is one of the keys to a successful career no matter what field you work in, and many different skills contribute to a professional's capacity to communicate well. The objectives of this program are to help you improve the ability to:
- Know the elements of credibility - how to gain it, and how to lose it.
- Formulate an effective communication strategy for any message, in any medium, and in any situation.
- Write & speak clearly, concisely, considerately and convincingly to create goodwill and ensure inclusivity.
- Demonstrate the use of basic and advanced effective writing techniques that today's technology demands, including anticipating audience reactions.
- Create dynamic formal & informal presentations, speeches and talks that are delivered with confidence and poise.
- Develop a persona that exudes confidence and professionalism through the effective use of content, words, body language, and tone of voice.
- Develop the essential competencies of successful influencers & employ persuasive strategies to overcome resistance.
- Recognize and address situations with co-workers that result from problematic behavior.
- Communicate efficiently in a crisis and conflict scenario to ensure collaboration.
- Design strategies that proactively set the stage for a problem-free work environment and minimize the negative impact of difficult behaviors and different crisis scenarios.
- Develop team and interpersonal skills that contribute to effective and satisfying personal, social and professional relationships.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of communication as a strategic process
- Make communication decisions with an aim to achieve credibility and to increase your professional impact
- Be aware of stylistic, pragmatic and linguistic concerns specific for various professional contexts
- Craft professional messages catering to different rhetorical situations i.e. different purposes, audiences and contexts
- Become impactful public speakers who use Aristotelian rhetorical strategies, voice and body language to project confidence, command attention and connect with any audience
- Employ rhetoric and persuasive strategies to engage the audience, motivate them and call them to action
- Use influencing techniques to develop credibility, negotiate successfully and pitch ideas
- Discover tools and techniques that promote realistic expectations, maintain a peaceful working environment, encourage constructive feedback, and help resolve any conflict when it arises
- Understand the physiology and psychology of a crisis in order to devise mitigation, response, and reputation repair strategies
- Understand your unconscious biases and learn to overcome them
- Understand others and build better personal & professional relationships
Please note: We provide tailored versions of our courses to cater to the specific needs of organisations. The pricing for customised courses may differ from that of our open-enrollment courses. For more details on pricing and instructor information, kindly reach out to us via email email@example.com.
Assistant Professor, Department Of Humanities & Social Sciences, LUMS
Course Fee: PKR 45,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:??
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.??
- Correct CNIC details.??
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:??
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.??
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please firstname.lastname@example.org??or call at 0328 3044414??for more information.