Effective communication is one of the keys to a successful career no matter what field you work in, and many different skills contribute to a professional's capacity to communicate well. The objectives of this program are to help you improve the ability to:
- Know the elements of credibility - how to gain it, and how to lose it.
- Formulate an effective communication strategy for any message, in any medium, and in any situation.
- Write & speak clearly, concisely, considerately and convincingly to create goodwill and ensure inclusivity.
- Demonstrate the use of basic and advanced effective writing techniques that today's technology demands, including anticipating audience reactions.
- Create dynamic formal & informal presentations, speeches and talks that are delivered with confidence and poise.
- Develop a persona that exudes confidence and professionalism through the effective use of content, words, body language, and tone of voice.
- Develop the essential competencies of successful influencers & employ persuasive strategies to overcome resistance.
- Recognize and address situations with co-workers that result from problematic behavior.
- Communicate efficiently in a crisis and conflict scenario to ensure collaboration.
- Design strategies that proactively set the stage for a problem-free work environment and minimize the negative impact of difficult behaviors and different crisis scenarios.
- Develop team and interpersonal skills that contribute to effective and satisfying personal, social and professional relationships.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of communication as a strategic process
- Make communication decisions with an aim to achieve credibility and to increase your professional impact
- Be aware of stylistic, pragmatic and linguistic concerns specific for various professional contexts
- Craft professional messages catering to different rhetorical situations i.e. different purposes, audiences and contexts
- Become impactful public speakers who use Aristotelian rhetorical strategies, voice and body language to project confidence, command attention and connect with any audience
- Employ rhetoric and persuasive strategies to engage the audience, motivate them and call them to action
- Use influencing techniques to develop credibility, negotiate successfully and pitch ideas
- Discover tools and techniques that promote realistic expectations, maintain a peaceful working environment, encourage constructive feedback, and help resolve any conflict when it arises
- Understand the physiology and psychology of a crisis in order to devise mitigation, response, and reputation repair strategies
- Understand your unconscious biases and learn to overcome them
- Understand others and build better personal & professional relationships
Assistant Professor, Department Of Humanities & Social Sciences, LUMS
Course Fee: PKR 40,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.