This course has been built with the concept of inculcating journalistic knowledge and practices to prospective, beginner, early-career, or mid-tier journalists and digital content creators. It offers a hands-on approach to understanding the mechanisms of news media and the realm of digital newsgathering that shapes our local and global opinions. Through this course, students will learn to read, write, and edit journalistic content with a stronger ethical skillset along with building a proficiency in the digital journalism realm.
This course examines the realm of digital journalistic content and cultivates critical thinking, while analysing major journalistic issues featured in the digital world. The course also helps develop writing skills, which are tailored for a digital audience in an ever-converging mediascape.
- Understand digital journalism as a discourse
- Develop a journalistic skillset for a digital audience
- Examine relevant global and local issues discussed in the digital realm
Cluster-head of journalism, Department of Media Sciences, SZABIST, Karachi
Editor for Diva Magazine Pakistan
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.