This course is part of the Digital Pedagogy: Teaching & Training Online specialization, which is designed to provide professionals with an overview of educational technology and its application in teaching and learning. The courses are devised to enable educators to integrate the advancements in the edtech field into their teaching pedagogy for enhanced effective learning. Led by experienced LUMS faculty, this specialisation will provide you with a comprehensive overview of best practices for structuring your course or training experience, engaging your learners, and measuring their progress. Whether you're interested in designing new courses/programs/trainings or revamping an existing one, you'll gain practical insights and techniques that you can immediately put into practice in your teaching.
This specialization is offered collaboratively through the LUMS Learning Institute and the LUMS Center for Continuing Education Studies. It covers the history of EdTech, its benefits and challenges, as well as the tools and resources available. Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge to integrate EdTech into their teaching and learning environments, enhancing the overall effectiveness of their educational practice. Upon successful completion of the specialization participants will have gained valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied in different domains within the capacity of teaching and Training.
This course provides an introduction to the specialization, an overview of edtech, its emerging trends in the world and its applications in the educational settings. By the end of the course participants will have gained an understanding of the foundations of edtech and its educational implications. They will gain a profound understanding of various digital learning platforms, integrating edtech in lesson planning and delivery as well as gaining the opportunity to evaluate edtech applications in real life settings and situations. This knowledge will provide a strong basis for the participants to further construct upon as the course proceeds towards exploring edtech in various capacities within the educational setting.
- Identify and describe the key trends in educational technology, including emerging technologies and their potential impact on teaching and learning.
- Analyze and evaluate different digital learning tools and technologies for their effectiveness and appropriateness in various educational contexts.
- Design and implement digital learning activities and assessments that align with learning objectives and incorporate effective pedagogical practices.
- Identify and apply strategies for promoting digital citizenship and online safety in educational settings.
- Utilize different digital resources and platforms to support collaboration and communication among students and between teachers and students.
- Apply principles of universal design for learning (UDL) to create accessible digital learning materials that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Apply knowledge of copyright and fair use to create and share digital learning materials in compliance with legal and ethical guidelines.
- Develop a plan for integrating EdTech into a classroom or school setting.
- Analyze data from digital learning activities and assessments to inform instructional decision-making and improve student learning outcomes.
- Use digital learning tools and technologies to facilitate personalized and self-directed learning experiences for students.
- Design and deliver effective professional development programs for educators on the use of digital learning tools and technologies.
Course Fee: PKR 0/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.