This course is part of the Digital Pedagogy: Teaching & Training Online specialization, which is designed to provide professionals with an overview of educational technology and its application in teaching and learning. The courses are devised to enable educators to integrate the advancements in the edtech field into their teaching pedagogy for enhanced effective learning. Led by experienced LUMS faculty, this specialisation will provide you with a comprehensive overview of best practices for structuring your course or training experience, engaging your learners, and measuring their progress. Whether you're interested in designing new courses/programs/trainings or revamping an existing one, you'll gain practical insights and techniques that you can immediately put into practice in your teaching.
This specialization is offered collaboratively through the LUMS Learning Institute and the LUMS Center for Continuing Education Studies. It covers the history of EdTech, its benefits and challenges, as well as the tools and resources available. Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge to integrate EdTech into their teaching and learning environments, enhancing the overall effectiveness of their educational practice. Upon successful completion of the specialization participants will have gained valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied in different domains within the capacity of teaching and Training.
This course is designed to provide educators with the skills and knowledge needed to optimize digital learning design for effective and engaging online learning experiences. Participants will learn how to design, develop, and implement digital learning experiences that foster critical thinking, promote learner autonomy, and enhance the learning experience for students promoting collaboration as well. Through these skills the participants will be able to design and deliver effective courses customized to a digital environment with suitable assessment techniques and resource utilization.
- Identify key design principles for online courses, and evaluate different online learning models.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of online learning, and design effective assessments for online courses.
- Foster learner engagement and motivation, and create interactive and engaging online learning experiences.
- Facilitate online discussions and debates, and design group projects and peer review activities.
- Use virtual simulations to enhance learning experiences, and evaluate learning management systems (LMS).
- Evaluate authoring tools and multimedia production software, and use multimedia effectively in online courses.
- Design effective synchronous and asynchronous online learning experiences, and use best practices for online facilitation.
- Promote learner autonomy and self-regulation, and use strategies for fostering learner engagement and motivation.
- Design assessments that align with course objectives, and use assessment results to inform instructional decisions.
- Apply course concepts and skills to design and deliver a high-quality online course.
Course Fee: PKR 0/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk??OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.