In this course, students will examine the key components of the entire e-commerce value chain. This includes a detailed exploration of e-commerce from three perspectives: standalone e-commerce players, retail brands and their e-commerce channels, and individuals interested in establishing their own online stores. The course will analyse real-world, locally relevant use cases of businesses to foster a deep understanding of the e-commerce space and to provide participants with the skills necessary to build a career in this field.
By the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- Understand what the high-level e-commerce value chain looks like
- Grasp sourcing and inventory strategy - what to sell and how?
- Know what operational aspects are key for e-commerce
- Recognise what marketing for e-commerce entails
- Know what factors determine where one should set up an online store or selling on existing platforms
- Learn how to set up shop or sell through an existing platform
- Understand unit economics and profitability
Please note: At the end of the course, you will receive an E-certificate. For more details, please visit the Policies section.
BSc. (Hons.) in Computer Science, LUMS
Course Fee: PKR 25,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email email@example.com or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.