This highly participative and activity-based course provides you with opportunities to refine public speaking & presentation skills. Through hands-on in-session tasks, role-plays and simulations of real-word settings, mini case-study analyses and practical demonstrations of effective and ineffective practices, the course material is designed to help you develop a professional persona that exudes confidence, displays leadership potential and sets you apart from the crowd.
Strategies and Tips to:
- Overcome nervousness
- Develop confidence in your abilities and self
- Use non-verbal cues appropriate to specific contexts to establish your credibility as a speaker
- Develop dynamic, expansive and open body language
- Improve your posture, gestures, facial expressions, movement and eye contact
- Use the best and most effective rhetorical strategies used by powerful professional speakers
- Refine your para-verbal cues (volume & rate of speech, word stress, rhythm & intonation)
- Use emphatic pausing and tonal variations
- Use voice projection exercises
- Use your voice to project confidence, command attention and connect with your audience
- Create & use unique hooks to grab your audience
- Attention at the beginning of your talk
- Engage your audience throughout your speech
- Use effective sign-posting and transitions
- End your speech with a bang
- Project energy, enthusiasm and eagerness
- Design and use visual aids that compliment & supplement your presentation / speech
- Learn how to avoid death by power-point
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.