In this course, you will learn the skill of how to tell a story with data. World Economic Forum forecasts that data analysts will be in demand due to increase in data collection and usage.?? Data is considered to be the new oil of the digital age & one of the most valuable resources for an organization, thus protecting and analyzing data is becoming extremely important. With an ever-increasing skill gap in data analytics, the value of data analysts is continuing to grow, creating new jobs and career advancement opportunities.
This Course is designed to teach data analysis and business intelligence in a hands-on manner and prepare the participants for a career in this field. The course will provide instruction and hands-on training for students to feel confident and to begin work in the industry as a Business Intelligence Analyst or a Data Analyst.
A Data Analyst profile
can be associated with mining, extraction, transformation, cleansing, modeling
and loading of data according to business requirements.
The program will provide instruction and hands-on training for the participants to feel confident to start working in the industry. At the end of this program participants will learn to understand the following:
- Learn data life cycle
- Learn how to use SQL clients.
- Learn databases and data-warehousing.
- Learn data manipulation definition & data definition language (DDL)
- Learn how to manipulate data using SQL.
- Learn SQL aggregate functions, case statement, sub queries, CTEs & derived tables
- Learn how to optimize your query performance.
- Learn how to deal with "Big Data" problem
- Learn how to clean and optimize data for reporting.
- Learn normalization & data warehouse design concept such as star schema, snowflake and data vaults.
- Learn how to how to tell a story with data using Tableau / SQL Server Reporting Service / Microsoft Power BI
- Learn problem solving, data visualization and reporting skills with Power BI
- Learn how to create the parameterized report, drill through and summary reports.
- Learn how to use DAX/MDX to manipulate data & create calculated columns and measures
- Learn how to share and publish reports using a business intelligence server
Note: After completing this course you should be able to sit for the following Certification Examinations - Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI (Exam 70 - 778)
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have a formal scanned picture (for CES smart card) and CNIC details. Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration for your desired course, you may proceed to payment section. You have the option to pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk OR by downloading the fee vouchers and depositing cash in any branch of designated banks specified on the fee voucher. Once you make your payment, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours and your payment status will be updated to "PAID" in the online application portal.