In today's rapidly evolving technological landscape, understanding the fundamentals of AI and Data Science and their applications has become crucial not just for industry professionals but also for educators who are moulding the next generation of innovators and thinkers. AI-driven systems are now being used in almost all services we use in our everyday life, including social media, banking, e-commerce, navigation and conversational agents (e.g. ChatGPT). These helpful aids now have profound applications in diverse fields, including computer science, economics, development, business, education, engineering and law.
As these technological innovations drive changes, it is more important than ever to learn (i) new pedagogical approaches for teaching AI and Data Science courses, (ii) ways of using generative AI as a thought companion and co-teacher, and (iii) grounding AI and Data Science concepts with real-world applications. This in-depth and hands-on 2-day workshop is specially designed for educators, aiming to unravel the core concepts in artificial intelligence and data science, teaching strategies that cater to the needs of the students as they prepare for the industry and academia, new pedagogical innovations, and to provide insights into their real-world applications.
By the end of this workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Teach foundational concepts and principles of AI and Data Science and their relevance in today's technological landscape.
- Ground AI and Data Science teachings with real-world applications, ensuring students are well-prepared for both industry and academia.
- Engage with hands-on activities and strategies designed to cater to the specific needs of students, enhancing their learning experience.
- Build data pipelines (collection, cleaning, EDA, modelling, evaluation, results) for 'repeatable' work.
- Use Python and popular data science libraries like Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, and Scikit-learn to analyse and visualise data.
- Utilise generative AI as a collaborative tool in the teaching process, harnessing its potential as a thought-companion and co-teacher.
- Communicate results effectively
Founding director of the Center for Speech and Language Technologies (CSaLT)
Associate Professor of Computer Science at LUMS.
Course Fee: PKR 32,000/-
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system??https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email@example.com??or call at 0328 3044414 for more information