The purpose of this course is to develop in participants introductory guitar playing skills and give them a better understanding of the instrument itself and its applications in music. This course will enable participants to gain basic understanding of what the guitar is as an instrument and they will learn how to play the guitar at a beginner/intermediate level (depending on previous knowledge and skills of the participants). Participants will also be given a foundational understanding of music theory and its application in guitar based music. Course is specifically designed for participants who are a beginner level of guitar playing or are first timers. As the guitar is learned mostly through practice, the participants are highly encouraged to practice whatever is taught at home before attending the next lesson.
It is very strongly recommended that participants arrange and bring a decently functional guitar of their own to learn and practice on, without which teaching this course would become extremely challenging.
- Understand the guitar as an instrument. How does it work? Types of guitars and how they are different.
- Understand basic music theory necessary to play beginner level guitar.
- Learn major, minor and pentatonic scales and their different shapes.
- Learn how these scales are applied to chordal formations and their associated strumming patterns.
- Learn basic time signatures (4/4, 3/4, 6/8, 8/8) and how to play to a metronome.
- Learning how to read guitar tablature and apply that knowledge to learning and performing a beginner level guitar based song.
and funk rock band Keeray Makoray. In music he has been featured on platforms such as Velo Sound Station and Coke Studio. With his media company, Flux Media, he has directed several music videos in the past year featuring various notable artists
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.