"I've often noticed that we cannot look at what we have in front of us unless it's inside a frame.'' - Abbas Kiarostami, Iranian Photographer and Film Director.
Part of creating new memories in the digital age is documenting your time through a camera lens so that you may cherish the moment forever. Photography allows us to gain new perspectives that we might otherwise miss in a mundane routine. Photography is also a medium of expression - photographers communicate with the world and those around them through their cameras.
Discover the various ways of using the camera you have at home - regardless of how fancy or simple it is - so that you can take great pictures. Students will learn the differences between various models of modern cameras and get recommendations for which one they should buy depending on how they plan on using it. Uncover the secrets of maestros and learn how to recreate timeless shots. Get step-by-step instructions on creating great photos worthy of submission to photography contests locally and globally. Students will be taught the differences between camera lenses, exposure, and lighting, with minimal jargon to make photography more accessible to a broader audience. With visual aid, and examples of photographs, learn how to compare different techniques to understand the effect that settings can have on the results. At the end of the course, students will be given a chance to discover their style of photography and make waves in the world of photography.
By the end of this course, the students should be able to:
- Understand various camera operations, i.e., how to handle the shutter, ISO and other techniques.
- Know the Basic Light Theory in detail, i.e., indoor lighting technique in front of a background - Studio style setup
- Learn how portraits and group photos in studio style are set up and how to use multiple flashlights with a single camera.
- Understand outdoor lighting techniques, i.e., long exposures, double exposures and sunsets.
- Discover how landscape photography works, including plants and flowers as subjects of the photograph.
- Know how to cover events like weddings and much more.
Worked for brands like Tony & Guy, Damas, Porsche, and leading names from the media industry
Work featured in major publications in Pakistan
Over 15 years of experience in the field
Course Fee: TBA
Please go through Policies & Code of Conduct
Participants must register online through the CES website by clicking on their desired course and filling out a one-page form. Before starting the registration process, please ensure that you have the following:
- A passport-sized photograph for the CES smartcard. It should be against a white background.
- Correct CNIC details.
Incorrect information provided during the registration process will lead towards cancellation of your enrolment at any stage, and participants will not be entitled to claim a refund.
Once you have completed your online registration, you may proceed to the payment section. You have two options:
1. Pay online using your bank debit/credit cards through LUMS online payment system https://pay.lums.edu.pk
2. Download the fee voucher and deposit cash in any branch of the designated banks specified on the fee voucher.
Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 working hours, and your payment status will be updated to "ENROLLED" in the online application portal.
KalPay Taleem offers an instalment facility for participants enrolled in CES on-campus courses and workshops. If you want this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 0328 3044414 for more information.